Water Hyacinth Basket: Water Hyacinth embroidery is crafted by the artisans of Assam. This embroidery is done using water hyacinth also known as Eichhornia Crassipes which is a weed found in lakes, rivers and other water bodies. These designs are authentic and very comfortable. Bags are the most standard craft that is made from water hyacinths. These are an excellent complementary match to one’s wardrobe and are a token of the latest fashion accessories that are washable & easy to dry. These handloom products, over the years, have found a special place in the hearts of the world over water hyacinth bags’ quality, uniqueness, and interesting designs.
This product will be displayed at the Nehru Centre, London from 20-24 March 2023.
- Colour: brown with red and green
- Weight: 250gm
- Care: Wipe with a dry cloth
- Art: Water Hyacinth Basket
- Handwork: Handmade
- Communities Supported: Tribal artisans
- Handmade Nature: There might be slight variations in product colour and art, when seen in real, due to the handmade nature of the product.
- Shipping Info: Dispatched in a maximum of onward-winning days. This product is made on order.
MITHILAsmita, a UN Women award-winning Indian art enterprise, through its global online store ‘ArtNHer’ works towards ‘preserving art and supporting livelihoods’, by continuously innovating through unique socially conscious Madhubani art and art-based lifestyle products supporting artists, artisans and weavers communities of India.
ArtNHer, as the name suggests, is MITHILAsmita’s endeavour to supply museum-quality crafts of women through heritage art, while catering to the global demands of museum-quality authentic Indian art merchandise.
Your purchase is going to support us in our mission!