Dhokra Necklace: Dhokra (sometimes spelt Dokra) is a non-ferrous metal casting process that employs the lost-wax casting method. This type of metal casting has been utilised for over 4,000 years in India and is still in use now. The major traditional metalsmiths of West Bengal and Odisha are the Dhokra Damar tribes. Their lost wax casting process, Dhokra metal casting, is named after their tribe.
This product will be displayed at the Nehru Centre, London from 20-24 March 2023.
- Colour: Golden with breeze blue
- Weight: 250gm
- Material: glass
- Care: Wipe with a dry cloth
- Art: Dhokra Metal Craft
- Handwork: Handmade
- Communities Supported: Tribal artisans
- Handmade Nature: There might be slight variations in product colour and art, when seen in real, due to the handmade nature of the product.
- Shipping Info: Dispatched in a maximum of onward-winning days. This product is made on order.
MITHILAsmita, a UN Women award-winning Indian art enterprise, through its global online store ‘ArtNHer’ works towards ‘preserving art and supporting livelihoods’, by continuously innovating through unique socially conscious Madhubani art and art-based lifestyle products supporting artists, artisans and weavers communities of India.
ArtNHer, as the name suggests, is MITHILAsmita’s endeavour to supply museum-quality crafts of women through heritage art, while catering to the global demands of museum-quality authentic Indian art merchandise.
Your purchase is going to support us in our mission!